RIP Dallas Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dallas Green

Who knows if they would have ever won a WS without him. The Eagles need to find their Dallas Green.

Ah shit

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
    Who knows if they would have ever won a WS without him. The Eagles need to find their Dallas Green.
    The architect of the most joyous moment of my childhood.

RIP, you magnificent bastard.

Comment

I was a

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
      kid at the time, but Dallas Green was considered unassailable in my household growing up. I remember reading that a lot of the 1980 Phils used to make fun of him because he made every message he delivered and every little sign and decoration in the clubhouse about winning. Unorthodox, yes. Winner, yes. I pulled this gem from the ever-predictable Philly.com, but it's a good read. The writer was a little bit off in his assessment of the Phils' chances that year...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ic-tirade.html
      You're my boy, Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        The architect of the most joyous moment of my childhood.

RIP, you magnificent bastard.
        Agreed, one of the GREATEST Phillies of all time.

RIP. My sympathies to his friends, his family and the Phillies.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Brett27 View Post
          kid at the time, but Dallas Green was considered unassailable in my household growing up. I remember reading that a lot of the 1980 Phils used to make fun of him because he made every message he delivered and every little sign and decoration in the clubhouse about winning. Unorthodox, yes. Winner, yes. I pulled this gem from the ever-predictable Philly.com, but it's a good read. The writer was a little bit off in his assessment of the Phils' chances that year...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ic-tirade.html
          "The Phillies are now six games back in the National League East and this is as good a time as any to order the headstone for their 1980 season."

Ray Diddy, hot-take pioneer.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Agreed, one of the GREATEST Phillies of all time.

RIP. My sympathies to his friends, his family and the Phillies.
            A great Delawarean.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

That was a magical season. Seemed like every move that Green made was the right one. Sometimes the cards just fall the right way. And of course, he managed a great bunch of talented knuckleheads to make it all work.

Comment

Greatest time of my life was that 1980s team

RIP

Comment

My Dad and his brothers grew up in Newport and went to Conrad along with Dallas. There was definitely a lot of extra pride in his celebration that year.
                  Speaking his name is the ONLY time the word Dallas can be used in Philly with reverence.

Comment

Originally posted by nor'easter View Post
                    My Dad and his brothers grew up in Newport and went to Conrad along with Dallas. There was definitely a lot of extra pride in his celebration that year.
                    Speaking his name is the ONLY time the word Dallas can be used in Philly with reverence.
                    My Dad and his sisters went to Conrad. My dad was too young to be in school with green but my aunt and Green's wife were/are good friends.

Shocker, Delaware people are easily connected.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

78 to 84 was a golden era

Love my Phils, watched every game when I was teen, We had the entire Infield at the Allstar game that year, Pete Rose, Bowa, Mcbride, Schmity, Maddox, Carlton, Tug ,, those were great years..Philly sport Icon forever!
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                        Love my Phils, watched every game when I was teen, We had the entire Infield at the Allstar game that year, Pete Rose, Bowa, Mcbride, Schmity, Maddox, Carlton, Tug ,, those were great years..Philly sport Icon forever!
                        Best Phillies run ever 76-84

Comment

Delaware: a small town disguised as a state.
                          Conrad had some controversy last year as they dropped the former mascot and had the current kids pick a new one. Alumni of the old Conrad didn't seem too pleased, but different school now, different times.

Comment

Working...
                          X