No announcement yet.

Cook was in Philly this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DID NOT KNOW THAT, GONNA DO MORE RESEARCH ON THE KID.

I LIKE HIS SIZE, STRONG. AT 6'1" AND 250, 4.4 - 40, I'D DO IT.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      DID NOT KNOW THAT, GONNA DO MORE RESEARCH ON THE KID.

I LIKE HIS SIZE, STRONG. AT 6'1" AND 250, 4.4 - 40, I'D DO IT.
      He's a good runner. He just has some serious flaws in his game that are hurting his stock. Some time with a good coaching staff might fix that.

Comment

YOU THINK HE'LL LAST TILL 5th RD? DO YOU THINK IGGS SHOULD JUMP HIM 2nd RD AND LEARN EM UP? I THINK THE KID CAN BE THE HORSE THAT CAN GROW WITH WENTZ.

I'D TAKE HIM ONE, I THINK HE'LL GO QUICK, BUT I'M A SOFA G.M. LIKE MOST OF US.

Comment

Do good teams draft a running back with these flags in the first? Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
            He's a good runner. He just has some serious flaws in his game that are hurting his stock. Some time with a good coaching staff might fix that.
            I THINK HE'S UNDERRATED, BUT THAT'S OK. I LIKE HIS SIZE FOR BIG LEAGUE'S.
            AS FOR COOK, I'D TAKE FOREMAN BEFORE COOK.
            JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              YOU THINK HE'LL LAST TILL 5th RD? DO YOU THINK IGGS SHOULD JUMP HIM 2nd RD AND LEARN EM UP? I THINK THE KID CAN BE THE HORSE THAT CAN GROW WITH WENTZ.

I'D TAKE HIM ONE, I THINK HE'LL GO QUICK, BUT I'M A SOFA G.M. LIKE MOST OF US.
              Foreman isn't the way I'd go, especially in the 2nd. My first choice is McCaffrey early and Connor in the later rounds. Second choice would be Mixon in round 2 or 3.

Comment

OK. THAT'S COOL.

Comment

Cook or Fournette are the only two we should consider in the first.....the draft looks like Fournette will be gone, and we may have a shot at Cook. He didn't have a good combine, but his game is a 3 down back. He comes from a top program, top production. He does have off the field stuff....one was a case of assault that he denied immedately, and was ultimately thrown out....I dismiss that one....the dog thing was that he had dogs tied up on a leash by the neck, and got a ticket for it......my issues are his fumbling, and any RB in the first at 14.

In the second I like McCaffrey, who won't be there....but I like Alvin Kamara much more. Low miles, but also the look of a three down guy.

After that I wait until the third or even later.....Wayne Gallman from Clemson might be a good value.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    He'll be there in the fifth. Because he can't block my grandmother.
                    Yeah there is no way he makes it out of the first round.

I'm all about the Eagles taking him if he's there, he's a perfect fit for pedeys offense.
                    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 03-17-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                      Yeah there is no way he makes it out of the first round.
                      We're talking about D'onta Foreman.

Comment

Cowboys seemed pretty good with Ezekiel Elliott last year.

Comment

I was going to mention this but fuck the Cowpukes! I hope he gets suspended for being a dumbass!

Fournette and Williams were in town as well. Is Boy Wonder moving up for one of them?

I'd imagine Fournette would cost too much, but it would be fun to see him as an Eagle

Comment

A good team would have drafted Jalen Ramsey (maybe DeForest Buckner) in the first and Derrick Henry in the second. I'm not so sure Ezekiel Elliott would be putting up those numbers in Jacksonville versus the best offensive line in football. Let's not forget, Todd Gurley was the next big thing a year ago.

You can have a Calvin Johnson or a Barry Sanders but if you're surrounded with Lions, you aren't winning it all.

When was the last time a first-round running back carried a team to a Lombardi? It's been awhile and it doesn't happen often.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                              A good team would have drafted Jalen Ramsey (maybe DeForest Buckner) in the first and Derrick Henry in the second. I'm not so sure Ezekiel Elliott would be putting up those numbers in Jacksonville versus the best offensive line in football. Let's not forget, Todd Gurley was the next big thing a year ago.

You can have a Calvin Johnson or a Barry Sanders but if you're surrounded with Lions, you aren't winning it all.

When was the last time a first-round running back carried a team to a Lombardi? It's been awhile and it doesn't happen often.
                              Marshawn Lynch in 2013. Joseph Addai in 2006, Jamal Lewis in 2000. I wouldn't say any of them "carried" their teams, but they were integral parts of championship teams.

I get what you're saying, though. Drafting a running back in the first isn't essential. But it's not prohibitive either. I see four stud RBs in this draft, and only one of them will fall out of the first. My personal preference is to get one of them.

Comment

the last time a first-round RB carried a team to a lombardi was marshawn lynch in 2013. and almost again in 2014, as he would have won MVP if the seahawks had kept the ball on the ground to end the game.

i think you're getting a little bit creative with what defines a "good" team. though a lot of things changed for dallas between 15 and 16, the offensive line remained intact. they went from 4-12 to 13-3 and elliott greatly outperformed what mcfadden did the prior year. he also crushed it in the playoffs. i don't think going RB in round one was what caused them to be a "bad' team and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

were the giants a "bad" team coming off their 2011 SB when they drafted david wilson? the pats when they drafted maroney? the idea that an RB can be had in the later rounds is nothing new - it's the reason that adrian peterson went 7th overall. i'd say the reason that he never won a ring had a lot more to do with favre throwing a ridiculous pick than the team drafting AP instead of a defensive player.

i agree that this team has other needs, and it's easy to get too intrigued by skill position players, but i don't think this team is such a mess that a great RB won't help them a la the rams. if they decide cook is the BPA at 14, i will have no problem with it.
                                Last edited by art vandelay; 03-18-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X