Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Year Ago today! My 1st Cali shows!

[IMG][/IMG]

Check out when the shows Started,,,partied all night and slept all morning or hung on beach. My tent was pitched behind a fence and on the other side was the sand....best days of my life...the whole place was a just one big party,,Tents that showed Up in smoke reefer madness,,the dead movie One flew over the Cuckoo's nest, and so much more,,Live bands ,,,drum Circles around huge Fire pits, all the hot chicks you can handle,,,the best weed ,,,Hawaiian and Northern Cali Skunk Bud, The best LSD, Owsley was everywhere,,I was sooo stoked to be there and was my Close friends Bday,,,he turned 21,,,could you even imagine! It goes by so fast,,,Least I'm enjoyin the Ride!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe its been 30 fucin years!
    Last edited by TRENT; 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Here is a Nice read to go with it.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/entertai...ars/100004622/

I do remember driving in,,there was one way in,,One way Out! Ocean on one side,,and mountain like cup that surrounded the Area on the other 3,,,there was a fire in there forget it...Place was beautiful and will always be the most beautiful Spot I saw the Dead,, The one place I did unfortunatly miss in my touring days to huge Regret was Red Rocks,,,Ohh well! money well spent! Cells well spent!
    Last edited by TRENT; 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post

I do remember driving in,,there was one way in,,One way Out! Ocean on one side,,and mountain like cup that surrounded the Area on the other 3,,,there was a fire in there forget it...Place was beautiful and will always be the most beautiful Spot I saw the Dead,, The one place I did unfortunatly miss in my touring days to huge Regret was Red Rocks,,,Ohh well! money well spent! Cells well spent!
      Ventura is a great venue, we saw the JGB Birthday party there sometime in the 90's... Congrats on your anniversary, I'll fire one up in your honor later today

Comment

WERE YOU AT DEERSPINE ACRES LAST SUMMER? THAT ALL SOUNDS VERY FAMILIAR.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 06-12-2017, 01:14 PM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Im looking for my Pictures; I have about 20 nice ones, of course

None of me since I was taking the Pics,,,My buddy fought left and right I made him get under the Sign V County Fairgrounds,,,so much shit happened that weekend The Celtics were playing the Majic Johnson led Lakers in the NBA finals, Bill Walton was on stage in his Green Satin...touch of Grey video announcement booed like a Philly offsides...So much going on...Berkley was the following week....LA was amazing....
          Last edited by TRENT; 06-12-2017, 01:23 PM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

the Tents and the Party went till 6 am

the hippies woke up around twelve the vendors earlier,,,So we could eat around 12-1...then the concert @ 2...

Was my "The bus came by and I got on"! That's when it all began! Moment I guess!
            Last edited by TRENT; 06-12-2017, 01:27 PM.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY HAD THAT EXPERIENCE.
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I never was fortunate enough to see the Grateful Dead in California, but I have pinpointed the first show I ever attended:

https://archive.org/details/gd1980-0...r.91694.flac16

What was the price for your GA tickets in 1987? Do you remember? It's not on the image you posted. I guess it was on the part they tore off.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

It was $16 per show

Not sure the mail order tickets were Diff, most likely yea was the end taken at the door. Yes thats right a staggering $48 to get in all 3 nights

I listen to a ton of Shows today,,,My brother esau , and West LA fade away came to mind.
                  Last edited by TRENT; 06-12-2017, 08:34 PM.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    great set list, helluva first show

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      Not sure the mail order tickets were Diff, most likely yea was the end taken at the door. Yes thats right a staggering $48 to get in all 3 nights
                      In the satellite shot of the Ventura venue it's labeled " Screaming Eagles Highway"... WTF ?

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...BMoQoioIgwEwCg

Comment

Thats a Stellar show

Second set Althea,,,,Lost sailor Saint,, Deal,,,,and look how much longer the setlist were Jerry was on the other side of the stage,,,Ur a lucky guy to have caught them right after Brent joined the Band,, they were so hot back then! I saw them in 82 in Philly,,,was at english town in 77 but too young to go in. in 76 I stood outside the Trenton fair grounds and listed to Skynard play their whole show,,,does that count
                        Last edited by TRENT; 06-13-2017, 09:45 AM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

the place burned to the ground a few years later

so the town was rebuilt..might be a local HS team...not sure!
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I listened to the second half of Reckoning yesterday

think that was part of the 80 run,,,U got the squeaky Clean Bamma to start the show,,,Used to love to catch a Bamma on Wolf!
                            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                            "BFTR"

Comment

Here's a photo from a show I attended at the Spectrum in 1987

There is a bit of a backstory behind this show for me. I gotta pinpoint exactly what the date was, but the backstory remains the same.
                              --------
                              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                              X