Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Igglephans have a position on net neutrality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Igglephans have a position on net neutrality?

These changes seem like a shitty idea to me. If Comcast can block Igglephans what the fuck am I going to do with my time? Go back to the Philly.com board? Does it still exist? Fuck em, I say. I want my MTV or something...
    DB

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
    These changes seem like a shitty idea to me. If Comcast can block Igglephans what the fuck am I going to do with my time? Go back to the Philly.com board? Does it still exist? Fuck em, I say. I want my MTV or something...
    Blocking/throttling websites concern seems overblown. Isn’t that what the FTC is for? Either way is the internet really neutral when a couple of companies control the flow of information?
    It IS About Me Asshole
    -----------------------
    Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post
      Blocking/throttling websites concern seems overblown. Isn’t that what the FTC is for? Either way is the internet really neutral when a couple of companies control the flow of information?
      Nice try Comcast!

Comment

KG is gonna be pissed

You have to know that his ISP is going to at least slow down those titty milk sites.
        Squirt rolling circle squirt spinning timer squirt

Or even perhaps the "this video is unavailable in your country " message
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

He'll be even more pissed when he finds out that the new web won't support late model E-Machines.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by tjl88 View Post
            Many of the concerns coming out are about the consumer and how they will be up charged or have bundled services. I think those arguments are less of a concern.

What people really need to be looking at are that the majority of the ISPs in the country are also content providers. Which means they have complete control over making sure a competing product has no platform to stand on (if they see fit). That is what the law is meant to protect.

Still working on a good analogy for this, but so far here is the best one i can come up with -

"You have a new product that you can only sell at Home Depot and Lowes. However both of those stores already have a version of your product they sell and make money off of. What incentive do they have to give your product space in their store?"

Comment

He'll have to buy three more hamsters and running wheels.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
                Many of the concerns coming out are about the consumer and how they will be up charged or have bundled services. I think those arguments are less of a concern.

What people really need to be looking at are that the majority of the ISPs in the country are also content providers. Which means they have complete control over making sure a competing product has no platform to stand on (if they see fit). That is what the law is meant to protect.

Still working on a good analogy for this, but so far here is the best one i can come up with -

"You have a new product that you can only sell at Home Depot and Lowes. However both of those stores already have a version of your product they sell and make money off of. What incentive do they have to give your product space in their store?"
                Excellent breakdown of this.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
                  The only caveat to this analogy is that the only place you can buy this product is at Home Depot or Lowes. And, for the most part, Home Depot and Lowes don't share territory.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

One more thing to add to the last para

"You can, in many instances, ONLY shop at one of those stores."
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

And yea, you might get ESPN.com

through your Xfinity ISP, but it's going to be so fuckingly annoying slow that you'll likely only visit the NBCsports.com site.

Comment

saying throttling concerns are overblown is stupid. My network provider (Comcast) already very obviously throttles my network when I try to stream Sunday ticket or WatchESPN on my Roku. There’s really nothing you can do about it either.

Edit to add: until google fiber comes to your neighborhood.
                        Last edited by broadstreetparade; 12-06-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Comradecast

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                          Nice try Comcast!
                          The new Pravda.
                          DB

Comment

Working...
                          X