APPARENTLY BILLS WEREN'T INTERESTED IN JMATT AT ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPARENTLY BILLS WEREN'T INTERESTED IN JMATT AT ALL

THEY WANTED THE DRAFT PICK, HE WAS A THROW IN, THROWING OUT THE TRASH YOU MIGHT SAY. ACCORDING TO SBNATION.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Yeah right ... they were trading a starting CB who looked like a pro bowler his rookie season after one bad year for a 3.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF BILLS OFFER A NEW CONTRACT OR LET HIM WALK AT END OF YEAR.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I read the article ... it wasn't about Matthews being a throw in, it was about why the 3 had to be thrown in with him.

EDITED TO ADD: And whether he gets a contract or not will be based on how he plays and what he is demanding as an free agent ... which right now all teams (including the Eagles) are wary about because his stats, despite the comparison to other playmakers, don't really support his reported playmaker demands.
        Last edited by slag; 08-13-2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

That's the one I read after your post.

It's business ... the Eagles had too many WR's and badly needed a DB ... they moved the WR in his walk year because they need a true #1, not a slot 2/3 with stats he can use to drive up his price ... particularly when Hollins looks as good as he does.

Meanwhile, the Bills moved the WR they didn't want ... took a DB back ... and then got a WR for the DB the Eagles wanted.

If I was the Bills, I wouldn't immediately look to sign Matthews off his misleading stats either ... but characterizing him as a throw in because he wasn't approached for a contract is just shit stirring by SB Nation IMO.
          Last edited by slag; 08-13-2017, 10:44 AM.

Comment

If he loved it here so Much he can come back

next season,,,I could see the Fagalor Mirage going poof and he would be fine in the slot,,Just think the Eagle do not want to pay the Guy like a Number one when he is clearly Not...Wonder what the deal was with Watkins?
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              I read the article ... it wasn't about Matthews being a throw in, it was about why the 3 had to be thrown in with him.

EDITED TO ADD: And whether he gets a contract or not will be based on how he plays and what he is demanding as an free agent ... which right now all teams (including the Eagles) are wary about because his stats, despite the comparison to other playmakers, don't really support his reported playmaker demands.
              JMatt's massive contract has been the most overblown talking point/conventional wisdom we've heard all off season. As if only bloggers and fans could see his 11.9YPC, but every GM in the NFL was going to be blind to it.

Matthews will get a reasonable deal. Nobody's throwing huge dollars at him.
              Last edited by The Duck; 08-13-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                That's the one I read after your post.

It's business ... the Eagles had too many WR's and badly needed a DB ... they moved the WR in his walk year because they need a true #1, not a slot 2/3 with stats he can use to drive up his price ... particularly when Hollins looks as good as he does.

Meanwhile, the Bills moved the WR they didn't want ... took a DB back ... and then got a WR for the DB the Eagles wanted.

If I was the Bills, I wouldn't immediately look to sign Matthews off his misleading stats either ... but characterizing him as a throw in because he wasn't approached for a contract is just shit stirring by SB Nation IMO.
                BLG is an amateur in the way we molds the facts to fit his opinions. There are a couple of good football guys over there, but Gowton isn't one of them.

Comment

Yeah I agree with you.

Also nobody makes mention of this from Buffalo's perspective regarding the trades... but they have 2 1's, 2 2's and 2 3's next year. It is considered a great year for QB's with 3 projected to go top 3. I think it could be four by including Allen from Wyoming. At least 5 are suppose to go in the 1st round.

They are loaded up (and falling back in the standings ) to get a QB, IMO

Trust the Process is going on in Buffalo.

Comment

if the birds had no interest in resigning him or thought they could not afford him, then it was for a third and him not playing for them this year
                    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Working...
                    X