Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Aldridge reporting deal will be finalized on Monday

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...61710189002752

Trade between Philly and Boston will be finalized on Monday, per source. Sides have agreed. Sixers will get first pick and take Fultz

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
    https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...61710189002752

Trade between Philly and Boston will be finalized on Monday, per source. Sides have agreed. Sixers will get first pick and take Fultz
    Lakers wanted to make a deal. Couldn't do it without their 2018 first.

Hinkie lives on.

Comment

Holy shit

Celtics get: 2017 #3 + 2018 Lakers pick if it falls between 2-5, or Sac's 2019 pick if it doesn't convey.

That's a screaming deal.

Comment

I've been VERY critical of Lil Colangelo, especially after he gave Nerlens away for nothing, but this trade is $$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          I've been VERY critical of Lil Colangelo, especially after he gave Nerlens away for nothing, but this trade is $$$$$$$
          Absolutely. We could potentially get the #1 in 2018...haaaaa!

Comment

Thank you, Isaiah Thomas.
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 06-18-2017, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Only giving up one of the acquired picks. Not losing any of our own future picks. Unless I'm missing something, that is a really reasonable, good deal. Very happy with this. Looks like Hinkie's acquired assets came in handy for Colangelo after all.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Thinking positively and putting the option of the Lakers picking 6-30 next year out of sight and mind:

The Sixers, with JoJo, Simmons, Fultz, Saric, RoCo, TLC, Holmes and Korkmaz (hell, throw TJ and his grit in there if you want) already on the roster will either get to draft Luka Doncic/Michael Porter next year or have an unprotected pick coming from a team being built by Vlade Divac in 2019. Plus have their own picks to use or move and a ton of cap space.

Nerlens deal excluded, Colangelo has taken Hinkie's war chest and made the future be even brighter. Still wish Sam was able to see this all come to fruition, but, I'll take it either way.

Now, just pray to the health gods.

Comment

If it's just this years 1 and either Lakers (protected) or 2019 kings it's a no brainier.

Comment

Colangelo is still a bum, but if this trade is accurate, he deserves credit for only losing one first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                      Thinking positively and putting the option of the Lakers picking 6-30 next year out of sight and mind:

The Sixers, with JoJo, Simmons, Fultz, Saric, RoCo, TLC, Holmes and Korkmaz (hell, throw TJ and his grit in there if you want) already on the roster will either get to draft Luka Doncic/Michael Porter next year or have an unprotected pick coming from a team being built by Vlade Divac in 2019. Plus have their own picks to use or move and a ton of cap space.

Nerlens deal excluded, Colangelo has taken Hinkie's war chest and made the future be even brighter. Still wish Sam was able to see this all come to fruition, but, I'll take it either way.

Now, just pray to the health gods.
                      If even just Embiid is healthy all year next year, they are a playoff team. Fultz will be awesome in the NBA. He is only 18 and is shifty as hell with a great pull up jump shot and a repertoire of moves around the rim to free up his soft touch around the hoop. Lorenzo Romar cant coach for shit so that is the reason they couldnt win and why Fultz couldn't put up crazier numbers in college. Romar has zero idea how to properly space offensively and create advantages and closeouts for his players. I was watching a few of their games last night and holy hell they are borderline unwatchable. Fultz had to create EVERYTHING for that team by himself....

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                        Celtics get: 2017 #3 + 2018 Lakers pick if it falls between 2-5, or Sac's 2019 pick if it doesn't convey.

That's a screaming deal.
                        Can you imagine if the Lakers get the #1 lottery pick next year.

Comment

Great recruiter

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
                          Lorenzo Romar cant coach for shit so that is the reason they couldnt win and why Fultz couldn't put up crazier numbers in college. Romar has zero idea how to properly space offensively and create advantages and closeouts for his players. I was watching a few of their games last night and holy hell they are borderline unwatchable. Fultz had to create EVERYTHING for that team by himself....
                          Terrible coach.

Signed on as an assistant at Zona and he's already brought in some big names...
                          Last edited by ishimonster; 06-18-2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

I read that Fultz ended up at Washington because they were the only school that was showing interest when they first recruited him. He didn't blossom until later on at which point the Dukes and Kentuckys showed interest but he stuck with Washington out of loyalty. I think that reflects positively on his character.

I get that he didn't singlehandedly put Wash into the tourney but he was the best player and MVP on the U18 that won the world championship so it's not like he's never won at a high level.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Read that too about UW being the first school to show interest and him being loyal to that. He was on the JV team when he was a Soph so he was def a late bloomer by 5-star standards.

Getting back to the deal itself, there's talks that the Kings pick could have a protection on it for the #1 pick as well. If Colangelo got Ainge to agree to top pick protections on both of those picks...wow.

Also, no idea how much legs it has, but I read that if PG13 gets traded to Cleveland, the Sixers might be involved as a 3rd team sending picks (hopefully Okafor too) to Indy and us ending up with Love. Again, no idea if it happens, but, they definitely want to add shooting and a veteran, so, Love fits both of those.

Comment

Working...
                              X