No announcement yet.

The Outlaw Josey Wales was just on AMC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outlaw Josey Wales was just on AMC.

I will never not watch that movie.

it has some dark ass overtones

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    I will never not watch that movie.
    I guess to each his own
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

YOU GONNA PULL THOSE PISTOLS OR WHISTLE DIXIE?
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

WTF Trent, that is one of the best all time Western movies. He is right the clicker always stops on Josey
        On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

I stopped on that myself last night ... right about the time Lone Watie says:

They call us civilized because we're easy to sneak up on.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

"White men have been sneaking up on us for years"
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

why are you Asking WTF?

I love all the Eastwood Westerns,,,Never said I didn't like it,,Just said it was a dark story
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Yep, the other one that gets me....

....the final 30 minutes of Unforgiven....that final stand down between Clint and Hackman is fan-fuckingtastic.....always a clicker sticker for me.
                "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

YES. "Are you William Bonnie, killer of women and children?" "I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks at one time or another. And now I'm here to kill you, Little Bill."

Probably a top 5 movie for me.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

The NY Times one-line description of that movie in their TV section is one of the best abbreviated descriptions I've ever read about a film on TV:

"Unforgiven (Western) ... No good guys."
                    Last edited by slag; 06-08-2017, 10:06 AM.
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Ha! That is pretty accurate. The most innocent characters are probably the prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                        YES. "Are you William Bonnie, killer of women and children?" "I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks at one time or another. And now I'm here to kill you, Little Bill."

Probably a top 5 movie for me.
                        Unforgiven is the hands-down greatest modern western, followed closely by Tombstone. And given that they came within less than a year of each other after practically no high-profile westerns through the 80s, it's reasonable to assume Unforgiven's success paved the way for Tombstone. Prior to that, it was a dormant genre.

My all-time favorite westerns are Once Upon a Time in West, Shane, and The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. I haven't seen Josey Wales in years, I'm going to watch it again this weekend.

Comment

Shane is my favorite movie period.

Rio Bravo is also a great western. Dean Martin's finest acting performance.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            Shane is my favorite movie period.

Rio Bravo is also a great western. Dean Martin's finest acting performance.
                            DEAN MARTIN EVER SO SLIGHTLY BETTER THEN ROBERT MITCHUM, STUMPY (WALTER BRENNAN) FAR EXCEEDED (ART HUNNICUT) BULL..

HOWEVER. JAMES CAAN WAY, WAY BETTER THEN RICKY NELSON.
                            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 06-08-2017, 01:48 PM.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I need to watch more old westerns. There aren't a ton of really good, more recent westerns.

I really liked True Grit with Jeff Bridges that came out maybe 6 or 7 years ago. Thought that was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X