OT: Eagles Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Eagles Football

With the NBA and NHL playoffs looking like snooze fests and well baseball is fin painful to watch in general, I've been doing a lot more reading on our Birds.

Few things:

1. Howie had a great offseason, have to give credit when it's due
    2. Our O and D lines are going to be the best units on this team and a ton of fun to watch
    3. Alshon and Blount will take a ton of pressure off Wentz and really help him develop and not force his development like they did with McNabb

Inside 100 days till kick off. Till then I'll enjoy my summer by avoiding the "news"

Have a great summer Igglephans!

How did Howie have a great offseason?

Bc he signed a bunch of 1 year deals?
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
      How did Howie have a great offseason?

Bc he signed a bunch of 1 year deals?
      No, bc he signed the right bunch of 1 year deals. They are now positioned to go from worst to first.

Comment

Not just the right 1 year deals but he restructured McLeod to free up some cap space

Trust me not a Howie fluffer but he had a nice offseason

Comment

I think finding Impact with Little cap space was an accomplishment.

and those 1 year deals can become 4 year deals,,,Much better than throwing 73 mill at a DB that doesn't fit the system. Just about anybody would be an upgrade over Chipper.. The draft and our additions are all on Paper so far

Time will tell,
          Last edited by TRENT; 06-02-2017, 02:26 PM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

You and I used to be the biggest fluffers on this board I hope that this is the season we come back out of hiding and argue with Slizz for many years to come.

Comment

Haha no doubt my man! I am geeked about this season for sure! Just a lot of nice additions on a prove type contract.

D & O line I am super pumped about! Can't get here soon enough

Comment

I wouldn't say Howie has had a great off-season but there are pieces in place that, if they go right, he can start to look like a competent gm. The Chase Daniel deal will continue to leave me skeptical. Also, they don't have an adequate head coach. I like the off-season Howie had on paper.

Comment

Resigned Peters

He's had a nice offseason

Anyone know how much cap space was saved?

Comment

Working...
                  X