Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO WHAT DO YOU HOOPS GUYS THINK OF THIS 3 ON 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO WHAT DO YOU HOOPS GUYS THINK OF THIS 3 ON 3...

X-NBA PLAYERS LEAGUE STARTING UP? SOUNDS LIKE AT THE VERY LEAST IT WILL BE COOL TO SEE A.I. BACK DOIN HIS CROSS OVER MOVE AGAIN.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

I dont think much of it

its not real basketball. Halfcourt, right? I dont think people will pay to see it. I could be wrong but personally it doesn't do anything for me.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Hey IG,

I'm sure you've been there many-a-time, but I went to the Donofrio Classic for the first time this year. The star player from Reading High was playing so a group of us made the trek down to Conshy on 4 of the nights.

I will definitely be going to watch that more in the future, even without a local kid in it.

Comment

Yes!

Did you see Wilts high school coach there selling his book? Very nice guy. Glad you enjoyed it is a great event.
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I did see him but I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

It's a great event for anyone who is a fan of basketball at any level. The amount of D1 talent that you can see up close and personal for $6 is unreal.

I wasn't there the night he showed up, but apparently Shady stopped by one night.

Comment

Needs to be said... Props to Lonnie and RHS. Looking forward to watching his career.

Comment

We're still friends on FB, so, you probably saw, but, I made it a point to attend as many RHS games as I could this year. Think I ended up going to about 23, including every county, district and state playoff game.

It was a lot of fun to see the whole county rally around that team. Berks did the same last year, the run was just a little bit shorter.

I was up in Brooklyn last Friday for the Jordan Brand Classic too. Lonnie showed just how much he belongs on that national level in that game, as demonstrated by his MVP crown and subsequent jump up to #12 in the rankings.

The U got a great one.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 04-19-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Yea, it was a great run and was nice to see the city actually rally around something positive for a change.

Comment

How did he do in Donofrio?

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  We're still friends on FB, so, you probably saw, but, I made it a point to attend as many RHS games as I could this year. Think I ended up going to about 23, including every county, district and state playoff game.

It was a lot of fun to see the whole county rally around that team. Berks did the same last year, the run was just a little bit shorter.

I was up in Brooklyn last Friday for the Jordan Brand Classic too. Lonnie showed just how much he belongs on that national level in that game, as demonstrated by his MVP crown and subsequent jump up to #12 in the rankings.

The U got a great one.
                  ???
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

He missed one game due to obligations at the Jordan Brand Classic. If I had to guess he finished with an average of about 20 and 6 or something like that. He won the MVP award for his team.

Since Team Philly won the tourney, Daron Russell, from Imhotep Charter who is going to URI, won the overall MVP. That kid is small as hell but one of the quickest players I've ever seen. Rhody will love him.

Lonnie's team was missing Eli Brooks (Michigan), Talek Williams (Central Conn), Taylor Funk (Saint Joe's) and Jake Forrester (Junior at Westtown with offers from TU, Joe's, Terps, Indiana and more) so they were a little undermanned on Tuesday with a 6 man team.

If that team had their full compliment of players, plus what Team Philly had, there would have been 10 D1 players in the game. Like I said, can't beat that for $6.

Comment

Working...
                    X