Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Carlin already leaving wip to replace Francesca?!! BWAH!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Carlin already leaving wip to replace Francesca?!! BWAH!!

BREAKING: Mike Francesa to be replaced by Chris Carlin, Bart Scott and Maggie Gray for new WFAN afternoon drive team: sources - @nydnraiss

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...icle-1.3630661
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 11-14-2017, 08:17 AM.

Sports radio is dead. Carlin seems like a nice enough guy but he's vanilla.

Comment

Carlin sucks. Hopefully they get rid of Jon Ritchie too.
      WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

I guess he doesn't have to pretend to be a Philly sports fan any longer. That was a dumb hire from day one.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I’m still perplexed how Hollis Thomas has a job in broadcasting. Nothing but mumbling and giggling with minimal “players insight” occasionally sprinkled in. I truly wonder what data Spike Eskin is getting to retain this guy.

Comment

It's amazing that Carlin has an on air radio career. He must have pictures. I presume he no longer does play by play because he has without a doubt the worst broadcasting voice I have ever heard. Listening to him doing Rutgers games was excruciating. Dogs were covering their ears.

Comment

That boy does not have ANY sports knowledge at all. Just listening to him try to talk sports with people he should be a used car salesman in Camden.
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                I presume he no longer does play by play because he has without a doubt the worst broadcasting voice I have ever heard. Listening to him doing Rutgers games was excruciating. Dogs were covering their ears.
                http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in...carlin_wi.html

Comment

Carlin was never gonna work here.

for starters, he cannot come in here and pretend to give a shit about philly teams. you can see right through that.

2nd -- his voice annoys the shit out of me. it's a worse version of tennessee tuxedo.

"come along now, chumley!"

3rd -- disagree on Ritchie completely. think he and 'the hammer' have a great thing going. wouldn't surprise me if they move them to 6-10 slot once cataldi retires.

Comment

he seems like a nice enough guy but whoever put this carlin/bart scott thing together to replace francesa is gonna be looking for a job in a year.

Comment

It's pandemonium in Piscataway!

Comment

He does seem like a good guy, I just thought it was ridiculous that WIP thought the fans would buy him as a voice of Philly.

I agree with you about WFAN. 3's a crowd for sports talk radio.

Comment

stupid

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          He does seem like a good guy, I just thought it was ridiculous that WIP thought the fans would buy him as a voice of Philly.
                          would have been much easier to make him a heel who hated Philly and was pro New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
                            Carlin sucks. Hopefully they get rid of Jon Ritchie too.
                            What's wrong with Ritchie?
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

think John Marks is gonna be the long term partner with Ike. Macnow was mentioned by Carlin on the initial intro so he may be gapping til Marks can move over permanently.

Carlin's a nice guy and i wish him well but 2 - 6 getting better regardless.

Comment

Working...
                              X