Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    good point. the fact that we were able to get a first for that guy 7 years into his career blows my mind.
    and a 4th! Highway Robbery.

Comment

lol. and the rams fleeced us into giving up foles and a 2nd for him. i don't think that teams have ever continually invested in an ordinary QB the way that they have in sam bradford.

Comment

Never has an NFL player earned so much money for doing so little as Sam I Am has.

Jamie Asher earned his money from Eagles more than Bradford did.

Comment

Yeah I'm half messing with you. "Foundation upon which to build franchise for the long term" would have been a more apt metaphor.

Comment

Howie sits him down and asks him what he wants to do while also explaining to him that if they get an out of this world offer for a trade, they need to do what's best for the franchise. Then, you ask him what 3 or 4 teams he'd like to be traded to if it comes to that.

Listening to his interviews when Wentz got injured, he knows this is Carson's team and that he is only keeping the seat warm. He has stated that he doesn't mind being the backup on this team and he loves playing for Pederson. He's already been traded once to a shit team. I think what Howie does is he renegotiates his contract so that it reduces the cap hit.

Of course it all depends on what they feel about Sudfeld as well. Can he be as successful as Foles in the regular season winning games if something else should happen to Wentz.

Comment

In what universe is Tyrod Taylor better than Foles?
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

If Foles wants to go, I'd trade him for a Top 40 pick. I trust Big Balls to find an ample replacement in free agency. This team needs another draft pick and his stock will never be higher.

Comment

He was about to RETIRE, but came back to play for FANDY - and then Doug. Doug is the only guy who came to scout him prior to the draft. I think there's a high level of comfort for him in his current situation. I think he flounders a bit as "The Man" and may be more comfortable staying here and getting decent back up money more so than anything else. Play a few more years, get decent pay (with no #1 QB pressure) and then head off to be a pastor. Honestly, it's a great situation for the Eagles, too, regardless of potential draft picks and the need to groom another back up.
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Overlooked detail about Foles is his contract ...

He is signed for 4 more years at $20.5 million plus a $3million roster bonus due in March.

Everyone seems to think he is a free agent after 2018-19 -- that is only if they don't trade him.

The last 3 years of the contract automatically void if he is on the Eagles next February, but it seems like if they trade him the acquiring team has him for the rest of the deal. If this is true, this contract is a Howie special DESIGNED for him to be traded this offseason. That contract would make him much more valuable in a trade, and show an eery foresight by Roseman et al.

Is it far-fetched that a team would give up a first-round draft pick or equivalent for a SB MVP QB that showed what Foles showed in the playoffs for a mere $5M/year for 4 years?

You could get Cousins or Keenum without trading anything, but what is a bigger risk -- Cousins at $120M/4 years or Keenum for $80M/4 years without giving up a draft pick or $20M/4 years of Foles while giving up a high draft pick?

All it takes is for one team to see that value. I think they'll get a first or a second+third if they decide to trade him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...ck-foles-9898/
                    Last edited by Aggie Mo; 02-13-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                      Need him to back up Wentz next season. Say he misses the first 4 games and for sake of argument they are against Minnesota, @Dallas, Atlanta and @Rams? Schedule could be front loaded for all they know.
                      Depends on what the offer is, if the Browns came calling with the #4 pick and wanting Foles and the Eagles #32 you have to pull the trigger, same for the Broncos.

Comment

I don’t think you trade Foles anywhere he doesn’t want to go.

The Browns won’t be trading the fourth pick for Foles because they’ll have used the first pick on Darnold or Rosen. If they don’t Cleveland will burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie Mo View Post
                          He is signed for 4 more years at $20.5 million plus a $3million roster bonus due in March.

Everyone seems to think he is a free agent after 2018-19 -- that is only if they don't trade him.

The last 3 years of the contract automatically void if he is on the Eagles next February, but it seems like if they trade him the acquiring team has him for the rest of the deal. If this is true, this contract is a Howie special DESIGNED for him to be traded this offseason. That contract would make him much more valuable in a trade, and show an eery foresight by Roseman et al.

Is it far-fetched that a team would give up a first-round draft pick or equivalent for a SB MVP QB that showed what Foles showed in the playoffs for a mere $5M/year for 4 years?

You could get Cousins or Keenum without trading anything, but what is a bigger risk -- Cousins at $120M/4 years or Keenum for $80M/4 years without giving up a draft pick or $20M/4 years of Foles while giving up a high draft pick?

All it takes is for one team to see that value. I think they'll get a first or a second+third if they decide to trade him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp...ck-foles-9898/
                          No, it was designed to spread the bonuses over the years in the early going - Howie was playing with the salary cap. If Howie was planning this, he deserves a Nobel Prize and should probably move to vegas.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          I don’t think you trade Foles anywhere he doesn’t want to go.

The Browns won’t be trading the fourth pick for Foles because they’ll have used the first pick on Darnold or Rosen. If they don’t Cleveland will burn.
                          Pretty much this. I think you listen and talk to St. Nick. We have the best qb situation in the league. Carson and Nick also seem to really like each other.

Comment

So the contract voids next February if he is on "any" roster, not just the Eagles?

Comment

did I say that?

Originally posted by Aggie Mo View Post
                              So the contract voids next February if he is on "any" roster, not just the Eagles?
                              Given that certain "poison pill" contracts were outlawed in the last CBA, IIRC, my guess is that it's "any" roster, but I do not know. However, the intent by Howie was clear and has been written about a number of times this season.

Comment

Jimmy G was a gift from NE. Belichek wanted to keep him

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                                agree with this.

But, I doubt anyone will pony that up when SF paid a 2 for Jimmy G.
                                ... which is part of the reported discontent between Belichek, Brady and Kraft. One big reason he went to SF is that Belichek has a a lot of respect for Kyle Shanahan’s dad, who was an outspoken supporter of Belichek amidst the cheating scandles. Jimmy G was worth more than a second.

In truth, the Eagles would get a third or maybe a late second for Foles. Who knows, maybe a mid level player as a sweetener, too. Foles may have a contract, but he will be consulted about the team he would go to and the likeliness of signing a new deal, with contract parameters, etc.

Don’t forget, the supply/ demand balance of the QB market is not as good as it was 1-2 years ago,
                                Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-13-2018, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X