X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the draft mayhem begin

Ruben foster parties his balls off

Malik Hookers stock free falling bc of health concerns

Should be a fun week and interesting Thursday night.

Best reality show on TV, period! We don't know dick about the behind the scenes stuff.

https://twitter.com/rosstuckernfl/st...04261336162305

https://twitter.com/bleedinggreen/st...01703871819777
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-20-2017, 08:33 PM.

Well right now the weather is supposed to be good on the Parkway this upcoming Thursday through the weekend. Accuweather is saying highs around 80 and lows around 60 with no rain.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Best reality show on TV, period! We don't know dick about the behind the scenes stuff.

Aren't they saying Foster also failed a drug test? These guys are complete morons.

Comment

Yep, just like predicting the weather....

.....all this worked up hype/ drama and blah blah then only about 40% of picks pan out.

Experts my ass.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

The running back drama

Is definitely the most interesting angle.

I think McCaffrey is going #8 to Carolina. And I think Cook is sitting there at #14. With two backs gone in the top ten, I say the Eagles pull the trigger and take him.

Comment

Douglas said it's a deep RB draft. I can't see any way they take a RB in first with issues at DE and CB.

Comment

Douglas said it's a deep RB draft. I can't see any way they take a RB in first with issues at DE and CB.
              We will see. They need a RB as well.

BPA at the positions you mentioned for me.

They will probably F it up as usual.
              --------

Comment

The draft's being deep at a position could mean you can afford to wait and get a potential starter there later in the draft, but Douglas said that isn’t necessarily the case. He recalled last year’s draft, when he was working for the Chicago Bears.

“We thought that defensive line was very deep," he said. "Really, our board was cleaned out by the end of the second round.”

I got a totally different read from what Douglas said there. I'd be shocked if RB wasn't one of the first two picks.

I also think they're blowing smoke about RB depth. In reality, it's not all that deep:

Tier One: Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon
                Tier Two: Kamara, maybe Foreman, maybe Hunt, maybe Mack
                Tier Three: Gallman, Hill, Perine, McNichols, Connor, etc., etc.

It sounds like they would draft Mixon, but they'd rather not... They haven't been connected to Kamara at all, so I have no idea if he's on their board in the second... Foreman isn't a great fit and #43 is too high for him... Hunt probably won't be there when they pick in the third... Marlon Mack is interesting... McNichols is interesting... Gallman doesn't really give you anything that Smallwood doesn't already... Connor is a complimentary player who might work well in an RBC if that's how they go... None of the rest really stand out.

So really, there's one clear second-tier back (Kamara) and one first-tier guy (Mixon) that might be available at #43. If they don't like Kamara and Mixon is gone, they're stuck with whatever leftovers are there at the end of the third round.

I'm not saying it couldn't shake out that way, but I'd be disappointed if it did. For me, RB is the most critical need on the team, as far as protecting and developing Wentz goes. If they have a shot at a guy who could be their Marshall Faulk for the Wentz era, IMO, you have to take him. Trade back, you run the risk of losing him to the Colts or Redskins. I wouldn't mess with this one, being able to flip Sam Bradford for Dalvin Cook is a gift you're not going to get again.

Comment

As I read this post...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                  We will see. They need a RB as well.

BPA at the positions you mentioned for me.

They will probably F it up as usual.
                  Danny Watkins just got picked on the TV behind me (NFL Network is re-playing the 2011 draft).

Impeccable timing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                    . I wouldn't mess with this one, being able to flip Sam Bradford for Dalvin Cook is a gift you're not going to get again.
                    That trade changes things so much for the Eagles chances in this draft.

What a gift. It's important to get it right.
                    --------

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised with one in the 2nd but don't think they'll take 1 in first. For all this BPA talk I don't think there's any chance it's not a DE or CB in first round

I could see them taking Mike Williams though if he falls to them.

I think it's Conley, Barrett, or Takk
                      Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Haha I know right? It's amazing how much blind faith we are putting in Douglas but I really think he's legit.

Roseman has been told to sit his ass down and let the adults/experts set the board and make the calls. He's no fool. He knows his paycheck and livelihood are at stake. He will defer to Douglas every time on draft day.

I give Howie credit for making trades and shit like that but NEVER AGAIN will that Pos be making calls on players on draft day. He absolutely sucks ass at it.
                        Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-22-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Give this a read. Always enjoy behind the scenes recaps like this.

https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/855857333871759360

Comment

Kamara visited

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            The draft's being deep at a position could mean you can afford to wait and get a potential starter there later in the draft, but Douglas said that isn’t necessarily the case. He recalled last year’s draft, when he was working for the Chicago Bears.

“We thought that defensive line was very deep," he said. "Really, our board was cleaned out by the end of the second round.”

I got a totally different read from what Douglas said there. I'd be shocked if RB wasn't one of the first two picks.

I also think they're blowing smoke about RB depth. In reality, it's not all that deep:

Tier One: Fournette, McCaffrey, Cook, Mixon
                            Tier Two: Kamara, maybe Foreman, maybe Hunt, maybe Mack
                            Tier Three: Gallman, Hill, Perine, McNichols, Connor, etc., etc.

It sounds like they would draft Mixon, but they'd rather not... They haven't been connected to Kamara at all, so I have no idea if he's on their board in the second... Foreman isn't a great fit and #43 is too high for him... Hunt probably won't be there when they pick in the third... Marlon Mack is interesting... McNichols is interesting... Gallman doesn't really give you anything that Smallwood doesn't already... Connor is a complimentary player who might work well in an RBC if that's how they go... None of the rest really stand out.

So really, there's one clear second-tier back (Kamara) and one first-tier guy (Mixon) that might be available at #43. If they don't like Kamara and Mixon is gone, they're stuck with whatever leftovers are there at the end of the third round.

I'm not saying it couldn't shake out that way, but I'd be disappointed if it did. For me, RB is the most critical need on the team, as far as protecting and developing Wentz goes. If they have a shot at a guy who could be their Marshall Faulk for the Wentz era, IMO, you have to take him. Trade back, you run the risk of losing him to the Colts or Redskins. I wouldn't mess with this one, being able to flip Sam Bradford for Dalvin Cook is a gift you're not going to get again.
                            He has been compared to Jamaal Charles.

His Tennesee teammate Derek Barnett will be the #1 pick and Kamara will be taken at 43 if he's still available. Maybe make a trade to move up a bit. If not, look for a second-tier corner there like Quincy Wilson and then a RB in round 3.
                            Last edited by Pete; 04-22-2017, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              He has been compared to Jamaal Charles.

His Tennesee teammate Derek Barnett will be the #1 pick and Kamara will be taken at 43 if he's still available. Maybe make a trade to move up a bit. If not, look for a second-tier corner there like Quincy Wilson and then a RB in round 3.
                              I'm fine with Kamara in the second. I'd be pretty excited about it.

Barnett and Harris look like the odds on favorites in Round 1. If it's Harris, I hope there's at least a trade-down to pick up another 2nd (I still want Teez Tabor, I don't care about his combine 40).

Comment

Working...
                              X