Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find this almost impossible to believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Honestly, did Matthews do anything memorable in his three years in Philly? Memorable in a good way that is? He isn't even in the same area code with those other four receivers.
    The game winner against the Cowboys.

Other than that, not much. Pretty sure he had some costly fumbles too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
      It's kinda cool that Howie sees the same weaknesses everyone else sees. It remains to be seen if he took the right corrective action, but at least his eyes are open. That wasn't the case with FF. For the longest time, it seemed like he was making decisions to prove the fans and media wrong. Especially when it came to receivers and linebackers.
      You mean Akeem Jordan, Stew Bradley, and Chris Gocong wasn't an elite LB unit?Moises Fokou? Jamar Chaney?

Comment

Roseman likely sits in his office and listens to 97.5 & 94.1 all day long. Rabbit eared sumbitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
          You mean Akeem Jordan, Stew Bradley, and Chris Gocong wasn't an elite LB unit?Moises Fokou? Jamar Chaney?
          Stewart Bradley was on his way to being a pretty good player until Fright Night happened.

Comment

I can't help but feel this is a tallest-midget-in-the-circus situation.

While he wasn't in any way a world-beater, he was a competent NFL receiver from Day One. I don't like to see him leave, if only because Wentz clearly liked him as a target and he was going to get a lot more favorable matchups this season.

That said, with receiver now arguably a position of strength, it made sense to work a trade for a corner and Darby could be an excellent addition.

The priority next season will probably be re-signing Alshon, so I'm not sure Matthews would be coming back. I think the talk about him being in line for an expensive deal is overblown; he even seems like the kind of guy who would take a hometown discount. But the team has a lot of guys due to become free agents, so there won't be a lot of money in the WR budget if Jeffrey plays up to expectations.

-AE

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            From the Buffalo News:

"According to the Bills, Matthews is one of just five receivers to record 65 or more catches and 800 or more receiving yards in each of his first three NFL seasons. The others are Odell Beckham Jr., Mike Evans, A.J. Green and Randy Moss."

Honestly, did Matthews do anything memorable in his three years in Philly? Memorable in a good way that is? He isn't even in the same area code with those other four receivers.

Comment

Working...
            X