I'll give Gomer this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    To me it is man management. The players appreciate it when he makes the gutsy call because it shows he has faith in them. And if it doesn't work out, Pedersen takes the heat.

To me, the biggest lesson Pedersen learned from FF was treating his players like men.
    This.

Andy Reids worts quality was that he never seemed like he trusted his guys to go out and win a yard when they needed it. He pulled all this silly trickery and out-of-the-box bullshit when he needed to have his guys line up against the opponent and win the yard.

Pederson is the polar opposite in that regard. He believes if his offense only needs a yard they Are gonna get it.

Sometimes its uncomfortable to watch as it flies in the face of traditional football but when it comes down to it I fucking love that.
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
      This.

Andy Reids worts quality was that he never seemed like he trusted his guys to go out and win a yard when they needed it. He pulled all this silly trickery and out-of-the-box bullshit when he needed to have his guys line up against the opponent and win the yard.

Pederson is the polar opposite in that regard. He believes if his offense only needs a yard they Are gonna get it.

Sometimes its uncomfortable to watch as it flies in the face of traditional football but when it comes down to it I fucking love that.
      You know what I like? Gomer is now having the QB lining up under center at times in short yardage situations. In the past it was always shotgun.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        They play for him.
        One other thing: Maybe Gomer is more like Gomer and less like Pyle. Time will tell.
        --------

Comment

Uh, the point made was that he learned to treat players like men from Reid.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Still too much gun run for Blount ... in fact WTF was he doing running Barner wide too many times when setting Blount up 7 yds behind Wentz and running him between the tackles was killing that defense?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Still too much gun run for Blount ... in fact WTF was he doing running Barner wide too many times when setting Blount up 7 yds behind Wentz and running him between the tackles was killing that defense?
              I don't know about Barner, but I can see where you might want to run from the shotgun at times.

But in the past they never had the QB under center in short yardage. That was a fail. We had some QB sneaks and other successful short yardage plays this past game. That was a win.
              --------

Comment

We shall see what people are saying if he does something that's too aggressive in a playoff game and they lose as a result.

We all want to win and we all want this to be the real thing, but I've been listening to WIP this morning and it's off the fucking hook.

It's getting into the territory of last year, when I called WIP after one of the first four games and screamed that Wentz was not just better than Brady and Rogers ... he was better than Uncle Rico!!! (I think you were in the car then, right?)

We're six weeks in ... SIX.

Comment

The QB sneak thing is great ... Reid drove us nuts with passes in those spots.

Comment

We shall see what people are saying if he does something that's too aggressive in a playoff game and they lose as a result.

We all want to win and we all want this to be the real thing, but I've been listening to WIP this morning and it's off the fucking hook.

It's getting into the territory of last year, when I called WIP after one of the first four games and screamed that Wentz was not just better than Brady and Rogers ... he was better than Uncle Rico!!! (I think you were in the car then, right?)

We're six weeks in ... SIX.
                    Yeah, they regressed late in the season last year and there is no reason to take anything for granted.

But there is definitely reason to be a little optimistic. Defense, Offense, and STs all look better than last season. Nothing is for sure in the NFL but the Eagles are in a good spot at this point. I am pleased with what I am seeing.
                    --------

Comment

FF's unwillingness to run QB sneaks with McNabb drove me nuts. The shortest way to gaining a foot is to let your 240 lb QB forward.

Comment

Of course

Can't complain with 5-1 and a play or two from beating the Chiefs on their field.

But ...

Comment

The QB sneak thing is great ... Reid drove us nuts with passes in those spots.
                          You can still call a pass there with the QB under center. The point is you want the opposing defense to respect the threat of a QB sneak or run.
                          --------

Comment

Along those lines, I'd like to see them run Blount more from under center and then go play action to a deep ball out of it.

I haven't really "charted" it, but I don't have the general impression they do that much.

Comment

Along those lines, I'd like to see them run Blount more from under center and then go play action to a deep ball out of it.

I haven't really "charted" it, but I don't have the general impression they do that much.
                              Some of this depends on the QB's ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage. I am not sure Wentz is 100 percent there yet but I think his progress is encouraging.
                              --------

Comment

Being a journeyman backup QB kept him grounded.
                                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X