Had a pretty heated Kaepernick debate last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a pretty heated Kaepernick debate last night

I was on the "he's not that good" side, and I still came up with 15 teams he should have been on in March, and 7 teams he should be starting for now that injuries are happening.

The fact that the Texans are going with a guy who hasn't thrown a TD, and then added McGloin over calling this guy is pretty terrible.

His collusion case gets stronger every day.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

His ability as a player is independent of the negative baggage that comes with the package.

Teams don't need to collude to see that and can decide not to hire him on that basis.

Shit, the Eagles could have decided to pass on Ajayi for "chemistry" reasons even if he's better than any back on their team.

In the absence of some evidence that there was an agreement between the teams to ban him, being better than other qbs with jobs doesn't prove collusion.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

"He's not that good" but you forgot the Nobody wants the extra baggage in the locker room.

If it wasn't for that he would of already had a job, and that kinda backs up his case, I guess?

Comment

How about factors like the Ravens survey, or the whole Bob McNair "authorized visit" thing? These seem to be top-down items that discourage his signing. That's two of 32, but if we were made aware of that happening a few more times, does it have legs?
        Last edited by BigSlizz; 11-03-2017, 08:45 AM.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I don't know what you're referring to.

Comment

Ok ... I looked up the Ravens thing ... they're apparently seeking data on whether Kaepernick is as negative a business factor as they may feel he is.

Which, as I wrote before, is a legitimate reason not to hire him.

I don't see how this shows collusion between the teams.

Comment

Fair enough. Im trying to gain info on what collusion would be here. One more. What if coaches have said they wanted to sign the guy, and ownership just says no? If he’s wanted, but it’s just rejected from the top, is there a case?
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                "He's not that good" but you forgot the Nobody wants the extra baggage in the locker room.

If it wasn't for that he would of already had a job, and that kinda backs up his case, I guess?
                The NFL really side-stepped a PR fiasco by not signing him.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

i'd say no. collusion implies an agreement between owners. if they are individually saying no to coaches, that's just not enough evidence. really, it's no different from an owner deciding they don't want a guy like TO.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                    i'd say no. collusion implies an agreement between owners. if they are individually saying no to coaches, that's just not enough evidence. really, it's no different from an owner deciding they don't want a guy like TO.
                    A good bit different in my eyes. This is a result of a political stance, not a toxic personality issue. TO might mess up a locker room, but Kaep can have ripples that are greater through a fanbase. I understand why owners wouldn't have the balls to sign him as it could possibly effect the bottom line, but if Carson god forbid was to go down, I would be angry if the first call wasn't to him. I think one of the things people forget on the other side of the coin is that there are black people who are boycotting the NFL because he isn't signed. There are two groups that are boycotting the NFL as a result of the protests.

How about Papa John calling out the NFL? This ain't going away any time soon.

Comment

great point!

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                      The NFL really side-stepped a PR fiasco by not signing him.
                      thats basically it.
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

We are not focusing on whether its wrong or right ... we are focusing on whether there is a collusion case ... and without proof of an agreement between the owners, there isn't.

Comment

Actually ... it's a "duh" to me.

Comment

At the end of the day, it seems like a simple risk/reward calculation by the owners with his skill level on one end and potential revenue loss on the other. It seems that the owners have all come to the same conclusion, which doesn't necessarily surprise me.

I've said this before: it isn't as simple as just finding current qb's he's better than. You have to then look at the scheme and whether it would be a fit. You have to consider how much money he wants vs. the current qb's on your roster and their salary, skill level and familiarity with the system. All of these factor in and then you add the business angle, and it probably isn't cut and dry for the majority of teams.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

He isn't very good and he's a douchebag. And you'd have to change your entire offense to suit him. Why would anybody do that ? Why would 10 other players change everything they've done for the entire season to accommodate a douchebag who isn't very good ?
                              Pretty simple stuff

Jeff George had a cannon arm and was a former 1st rounder. The reason he couldn't find work had little to do with his QB skills. It was because he was a dickhead. And you can't have a dickhead as the leader of your team and face of your franchise.

How come nobody cried a river for Jeff George, while lesser QBs found work ?

If yer pining for Kaep, yer a fucking dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                              X